Ex-Prince Andrew Moving Into Wood Farm ‘Appalling’ to Locals — Source
Ex-Prince Andrew Moving Into Wood Farm ‘Appalling’ to Locals — SourceKhushali SrivastavaTue, February 17, 2026 at 7:05 AM UTC
0
(Photo Credit: Christopher Furlong - WPA Pool/Getty Images)
Ex-Prince Andrew‘s life now seems to be moving in two directions: a quieter life at the Sandringham estate and possible plans to start fresh overseas. Sources say Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has considered re-establishing himself abroad, potentially using his former naval rank rather than his stripped royal title. The former Duke of York lost his royal and military titles late last year and vacated Royal Lodge in Windsor soon after.
Ex-Prince Andrew moving into Wood Farm leaves locals ‘uneasy’ and ‘appalled,’ says source
According to RadarOnline, one palace source claimed Andrew sees a move abroad as a potential “reset in his life.” More strikingly, the source said he may choose to style himself as “Commander Mountbatten-Windsor” if he leaps. Meanwhile, a palace aide described the reaction to that idea as mixed at best. “The whole ‘Commander’ thing amuses some and worries others,” the person said.
For now, Andrew remains in Britain, and his expected relocation within the Sandringham estate has stirred unease among locals. He is set to stay on the estate until his new residence, Marsh Farm, undergoes renovation. In the meantime, reports suggest Wood Farm could serve as an interim base.
Advertisement
Meanwhile, residents in the area have not greeted the news warmly. “It’s frankly appalling,” one local said. “People here are used to living quietly alongside members of the Royal Family. There’s mutual respect that keeps things peaceful. But Andrew is different – his reputation brings chaos with it.”
The resident added that, with respect to the King, Andrew’s presence “feels wrong.” Another villager expressed bafflement at the choice of property. “There are far more discreet homes on the Crown Estate,” they said. “It feels like we’re being punished for someone else’s scandal. Once he moves in, there’ll be cameras, journalists, gawkers. This village has never had to deal with it. We’ve always valued our privacy and peace, and the idea of living under a media spotlight because of him makes people uneasy.”
The post Ex-Prince Andrew Moving Into Wood Farm ‘Appalling’ to Locals — Source appeared first on Reality Tea.
Source: “AOL Entertainment”